It is important for any real estate investor to know that incorporating your business is one of the best ways to protect yourself from personal liability. That said, there are many opinions about what structure to set up, when to create one, and so on. As asset protection is a topic that is best explained by a real estate attorney or accountant, we’ve compiled some important articles; we’ve also put together a series of discussions that will help you make an informed decision as to what entity (corporation, llc, llp) to choose for your real estate investing business.
Topics that we cover include, asset liability protection, business structures, tax benefits, how to set up your entity, how to build your company’s credit, and more.
Articles Regarding Real Estate Entities
We’ve compiled a great library of articles from real estate attorney and Do linsk site blogger, Greg Boots, focused on real estate entities. These are all Must Reads!
- Which is the Best Business Structure for Real Estate Investors?
- Piercing the Veil: Holding Owners Liable for the Acts of the Business
- A Little Bit of Zen: You Own the Business But The Business Is Not You
- Series LLCs and Real Estate Investing: A Primer – Look Before You Leap, Though!
- The Asset Protection Misconception: Why Insurance Alone Isn’t Enough
- LLC or LP? Which Entity is Best to Protect my Rentals?
- Land Trusts and Asset Protection, a Primer
- What Is The Corporate Veil And How Can It Be Protected?
- As Promised The Real Estate Attorney Ah Dirt Lawyer Speaks Asset Protection
- Protect real estate investments with an LLC
Real Estate LLC Discussions:
- When is it time to incorporate? (More)
- Can & Should you form an LLC before you buy a property?
- What are the advantages of forming an LLC?
- Should I set up an LLC to protect myself? (More)
- Should I set up a LLC for each property? (More)
- How Many Properties in One LLC?
- What kind of liability protection does an LLC provide?
- How do I set up an LLC?
- What state should I set my LLC up in? (More)
- How do I get a loan with an LLC? (MORE)
- How do I build my LLC’s credit? (More)
- Is an LLC the best business structure for real estate? (More – 1, 2, 3)
- Do I set up a sole owner or multi-owner LLC with my partners?
- How to assign a property to a LLC? (More)
Discuss Entities & Business Structures at our: