People spend years thinking about buying real estate—but many never take the first step. Not today’s guest, though! Today, we sit down with Craig Curelop, a new investor in the expensive Denver market, as he shares his story of buying his very first “house hack” and how’s he’s actually getting PAID to live for free. You’ll also learn some other creative way Craig is generating extra income each month (including renting out his car!) on his quest for financial freedom. It’s a super inspiring story with a plethora of tips, so don’t miss a moment of it!
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
Watch the Podcast Here
Help Us Out!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and review! It takes just 30 seconds and instructions can be found here. Thanks! We really appreciate it!
This Show Sponsored By
Equity Trust is a financial services company that enables individual investors to diversify investment portfolios through alternative asset classes, including real estate, tax liens, private equity and precious metals.
Get your free 10 Ways to Partner on a Deal with Your IRA Checklist: trustetc.com/bp3
Join the The Self-Directed IRA Summit: info.trustetc.com/summit
Fire Round Sponsor
Check out SimpliSafe Security’s DIY home security systems; an affordable, wireless, cellular, and customizable system that doesn’t require a contract!
Try it today with a discount: simplisafepockets.com
In This Episode We Cover:
- Craig’s story and how he found out about Do linsk site
- What he does at Do linsk site
- How he house hacked his first home in Denver
- Tips for finding a good agent
- How to find a good lender
- What exactly PITI is
- How he’s generating rent from his place
- His method of fast tracking his way to financial freedom
- How his Airbnb system works, including how he handles cleaning
- Tips for turning liabilities to assets
- How he rents out his car
- A discussion on having a frugal lifestyle
- His future plans for real estate investing
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
- Do linsk site Forums
- Do linsk site Webinar
- Do linsk site Marketplace
- 12 Easy Tips to Reduce Your Vacancy Rates and Find Great Tenants (blog)
Books Mentioned in this Show
- The Book on Rental Property Investing by Brandon Turner
- Set for Life by Scott Trench
- The 10x Rule by Grant Cardone
- The One Thing by Gary Keller
- Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki
- Never Split the Difference by Chris Voss
- The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz &? Janet Mills
Fire Round Questions
- Do I need to disclose to my “roommates” that I am the landlord and owner?
- Is it a good deal to get a duplex (for the purpose of house hacking) if you paying small amount from your pocket every month to cover all the costs?
- Has anyone put a kegerator in their Airbnb?
- What would you recommend: pool, hot tub or none?
- “The first step to buying a property is to find a lender and to find an agent.” (Tweet This!)
- “To find the lender that’s right for you, you have to have the criteria you’re looking for.” (Tweet This!)
- “Everyone has a unique advantage in their life.” (Tweet This!)